Thursday, December 6, 2012

Soy Glazed Salmon

I had fresh salmon in the fridge that I planned on making another recipe with until I realized I'd forgotten a couple of key ingredients.  I didn't want to make a last minute trip to the store when I knew I could pull together enough ingredients from the pantry to do something else with the salmon.  I'd made this recipe once before but then not repeated it, which happens a lot since I like to try new recipes so much.  I was glad I tried it again though because it's both tasty and simple.  


Soy Glazed Salmon
Lightly adapted from Martha Stewart
(Serves 4)

4 salmon filets, 6-8 ounces each
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
pinch fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 400°F and place salmon skin side down in a baking dish.  In a small bowl whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, wine, lemon juice, and black pepper.  Pour evenly over salmon filets.  Bake in preheated oven for ten minutes, the remove from oven and spoon sauce from pan over filets.  Sprinkle each filet with 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds and return to oven for 5-10 minutes longer until salmon  flakes easily with with a fork.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Print

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio